Tuesday 8 April 2014

A quick card and some good news


Oops! Broke my promise, didn't I? It has been a very busy few weeks and I just haven't had the time to blog, but now we're back from holidays and all my cleaning, unpacking and washing has finally been done, I can breathe and take a few minutes to think and create! Since being back I've also had some wonderful news that I couldn't wait to share. The training event in Darlington that I mentioned in a previous post was actually for Crafter's Companion as part of becoming an Accredited Demonstrator. It wasn't an easy course and I had to wait 3 weeks to find out if I'd passed - but I have!! My first demo will be at Carole's Crafts in Oswaldtwistle on 19th April and I am just excited to get started. I feel so grateful and hugely honoured to have been given the chance to demo for this company, espeically as so many of the other ladies on the course were so qualified and successful in the craft industry. This really is a new chapter in my career!
And so on to my latest project. I've had these text accent Thickers in my stash for aaaaages but never used them... I think the grey colour is what's been putting me off. So, I challenged myself to use them for a super-quick card. And here's the result. I like using up old products for my blog cards, as I can't use them for my magazine work. I find it so frustrating that I have all this gorgeous stuff but I can't make the most of it because it's been discontinued. I wish manufacturers would keep their products on the shelves for just a little bit longer, because I never have the time to get through everything!! So that's my new mission for this blog - using up things in my stash and mixing new with old. Just because I can! ;)


4 comments:

  1. Congrats and good luck with your first demo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - well done. Lovely card
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh congratulations. That's fab and so is your card x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...