Friday 27 June 2014

Yay for demos!

Hello again! Where does the time go? It's been over a week since I last blogged and I hate leaving it so long. Next week I promise to be better! My work days so far have been spent at a computer doing a spot of freelance sub-editing, so I haven't been crafty aaaalllll week and wow am I missing it! But while I had a chance I thought I would show you some more samples made for last week's Crafter's Companion demo. I had a fantastic time on the day and it was great to meet so many lovely ladies, many of whom stayed all day to watch me demonstrate.
These cards were made using the brand-new Vintage Floral collection, which includes a 6x6" paper stack, embossing folders, stamps and a CD-ROM full of digital goodies to print out. The customers at Crafty Ladies in Marple particularly loved the Vintage Words folder used on the bottom card, which I then sanded with a Core'dinations sanding block to highlight.
These second cards showcase both the Angelica & Adam stamps and patterned papers and the new Spectrum Noir pencils. I kept the designs of the cards fairly simple so the emphasis was on the images themselves. I don't normally consider myself to be much of a stamper and colour-inner, but I actully got the hang of the pencils quite quickly and enjoyed using them, particularly on kraft cardstock. Oh, and as a side note, the seam binding on the first card was actually white and I coloured it pink using my Spectrum Noir markers - I LOVE being able to alter embellishments to suit my projects, it's probably my favourite thing about the markers. That's it from me for tonight, I'll be back soon with some very exciting news!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...