Monday 9 June 2014

You Are So Loved - May Arts DT submission part 3

Hello again! Here is my final project for the May Arts Design Team call, and it just had to be a scrapbook layout. I predominantly make cards (as mostly I get commissioned for cards), but I adore scrapbooking, especially since my little pud came along. Any chance I have to scrapbook, I take it!
To begin with, I made the ribbon tabs for the right-hand edge of my photograph. I cut various pieces of May Arts ribbon to match the colours in the photograph, ensuring there was enough to fit down the whole length of the image.
I folded each piece of ribbon into a loop and secured them down the edge of the photograph with sticky tape - I find this provides a much more secure adhesion for this than glue or double-sided tape.
I trimmed a strip of American Crafts Amy Tangerine Ready Set Go On The Clock patterned paper and layered it across the centre of a Why Thank You 12x12" sheet. I then adhered a length of silk ruched ribbon across the bottom of the strip.
I trimmed a thinner strip from the reverse of the On The Clock patterned paper, then threaded a large Glitz Design Finnley die-cut clip onto the right-hand side.
I used a ruler and pen to hand-draw chevron shapes onto a cork sheet, then carefully cut them out. These cork sheets from DCWV (Die Cuts With a View) are so versatile - I love using them to create my own embellishments!
I mounted my ribbon tab photo onto the layout using 3D foam pads, then adhered the chevron shapes to the left-hand side. I added the first part of my title using Amy Tangerine stickers.
The title was finished with Amy Tangerine Ready Set Go corrugated Thickers, then I added a kraft garland from the My Mind's Eye Kraft Funday collection. I also attached a few strips of this to the top right-hand corner of the layout. To finish, I scattered red and blue Simple Stories enamel dots around the edges of the paper strips. I'm really happy with the way my layout turned out, and I so hope you like it. I had such fun designing these projects for May Arts - fingers crossed I'm successful!


2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet layout Melanie! Your little one is getting so big and more adorable each day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great layout. Good luck with the May Arts audition :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...