Saturday 6 September 2014

Love and cherish

Hello lovely people! I'm a little late with my post today - lots of birthdays, a date night at the theatre and a magazine deadline or two have all kept me busy in what's been a fabulous week. PLUS, it's only 2 weeks until our holidays! :) Lots to do. For this post I just thought I would show you the final wedding card commissioned by my sister-in-law, as well as a little extra card made at the same time. I was so happy with the last design, I thought it was definitely worth building on to start my Etsy shop. So, as well as the wedding card, I also made this A6 love-themed card, which also would be great for Valentine's and anniversaries as well as weddings. I experimented with some blue Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder for this one. I adore the white-on-white look of my previous cards, but the blue heart just seemed to fit with the bright pink tag and vintage patterned paper.
My final wedding card commission uses the same white-on-white embossed heart as previously mentioned, as well as the BoBunny rub-ons, pink baker's twine and white handmade flower I used last time. The only real difference is the Papermania Vintage Notes patterned paper, which I think gives it a more traditional feel to it. I've loved having these commissions and being free from the normal constraints of magazine briefs that require certain products and techniques - I've just been able to please myself, which has led me to this fab design. There's lots more to come, as I'll be working on my birthday cards and shadow boxes next. I'll be back soon to share more! Have a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...