Thursday 11 September 2014

Newborn box frame

Hello again lovelies! I hope you're having a good week? Mine started off action-packed but positive - lots of jobs that I felt confident could be done before our holiday. Unfortunately, Stanley's caught a cold and I think I have too, because today I felt well and truly burnt out and I feel like I'm losing track of my to-do list! Having spent the last few years feeling like this in a manic office with tight deadlines, I don't panic about it anymore - I simply prioritise. And I'm sure I'll be able to catch up next week - hopefully!! ;)
Well... on to today's project. It's all gone a bit girlie at the moment, after two of the mummies in our group have both given birth to daughters over the last few weeks. I decided to make a box frame for both of them featuring their name and date of birth for their mummies to hang in their nurseries. This is the first one I made, using the Silhouette to cut the baby's name into a piece of lovely feminine patterned paper. I hand-made the organza ribbon flowers, stitched a button to the centre and layered them over a cream paper flower to give extra definition. This little girl has been really poorly and in hospital recently, but thank goodness is now on the mend, so it was extra nice to give this frame to her brave mummy. That's it for now, but I'll have another one to show you very soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...