Thursday 2 October 2014

Creative Cardmaking 72

Hello again everyone :) Well we're back from our fantastic holiday, landing at Liverpool airport on Monday afternoon. When we got home I had a magazine commission to complete and a demonstration to prep for (which is this Saturday - more on that tomorrow!), so there was lots of catching up to do. And what else was waiting for me on my return but the latest issue of Creative Cardmaking. I just had to share these cards as I love them! For issue 72 I was asked to create some Christmas cards with a clean and simple style, so it was all about careful placement and a balance of the right products. I chose some Docrafts wood shapes to achieve this - large focal points, especially ones that can be altered to suit, look great on CAS cards as you don't need much more than a smattering of patterned paper to finish it off. On this occasion I used the Polka Doodles Festive Hollybobs CD for this, as it's a brand-new CD and just so happened to feature the colour palette I was after. Some beautiful Crafter's Companion Centura Pearl cardstock, tiny jingle bells and this cute Dovecraft Christmas Creative ribbon were the perfect finishing touches. As always I've only shared some of the cards I created, so if you would like to see more this issue is on sale now :)
Now our holiday is over I feel so ready for Christmas - I'm so sad it's over but couldn't have asked for a lovelier week in the sun (and rain) with my boys. Tarragona was simply stunning and I couldn't believe the amphitheatre - amazing!

 We walked around the little maze of the old town, with its quaint little houses and cobbled streets, then diverted to the newer section of Tarragona. We were out and about mid-afternoon during the siesta, and it was pretty quiet. But we stopped for dinner at a little gem of a restaurant on the Ramblas, where I had a paella that tasted SO much of the sea, and then once the sun went down all the little cafes and shops opened and the town sprung to life. So many sights and sounds for Stanley to take in! He was just the happiest little boy, even when Sunday, our last day, was a complete wash-out. We chose to wander the tiny town of Cubelles and I think he was just a little bit shocked by this tree... 
 ...Spanish yarn bombing! I love his curious little face peeping through the rain cover on this one. And now I'm already starting to think about our travels for next year :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...