Friday 7 February 2014

'Baby Love' quickie layout


There's more lurgy here in the Joyce household - while Stanley can finally breathe properly through his nose (and therefore get some much-needed sleep), it's mummy and daddy who are feeling poorly! But I won't let that stop me, and as promised my first Stanley scrapbook page is complete - and Oh! So many ideas for the next few. I've decided to create an album depicting all my favourite photographs from his first year. This particular photo was actually being used in an upcoming project for Simply Homemade magazine, so I simply printed two of the same photo onto the page so that I could create a scrapbook page with one of them. This photo also hangs proudly on my living room wall (changed into a lovely black & white print) so it holds special meaning to me. I would say this is a 'quickie' layout as it was basically created in an evening and uses no more than some white washable paint, Webster's Pages Life's Portrait patterned papers and some MAMBI stickers (found in TK Maxx, natch). But I don't think you have to slave over a layout for it to be beautiful, and it very much depends on your design. The journaling reads; "This is my favourite photograph of you as a newborn. It was taken by Auntie Rohima less than 24 hours after you were born. All you wanted to do was sleep... and all I wanted to do was stare at your beautiful face".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...