Friday 15 August 2014

Fun in the Sun

Hello! It's time for another card for the Polka Doodles challenge blog, and this time the theme is Fun in the Sun. I know that for most people summer holidays is the obvious choice (and ours is still to come - yay!) but for this card I've focussed on how summer makes me think of flowers and pretty sundresses. I love the floaty skirts and bare feet of a warm sunny day!
For this one I used the Dolly Daydream Girl Talk CD, with the addition of a doily, some handmade flowers, pearl lace trim, ribbon and a stick pin. I also curled some purple twine with scissors to create my own tendrils for the flowers. The backing paper was distressed around the edges (admittedly something I don't do often but I'll keep practising!) and the sentiment ticket was decorated with some pretty pearls. Quite a simple yet oh-so-girlie make. That's it for now, thanks for stopping by :)

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Melanie. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card hun xx
    Have a fab weekends x
    Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Melanie, very girly.
    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card with so many lovely textures on there!
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Card love your flowers too xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card Melanie and I love all the added texture x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...