Wednesday 27 August 2014

Simply Cards & Papercraft 127

Hello - just checking in with a short blog post to keep you updated - it's freezing here and I can feel autumn in the air, along with lots of excitement of course ;) Stanley has spent the last two Saturday nights staying with grandparents while we've been sorting, selling and binning unwanted items in the spare room, tidying and rearranging it to make it into my office. I've outgrown the dining table and I'm finally looking forward to having all my tools and materials together in the same room. My husband is setting up the PC, printer, Silhouette and Ebosser so they're all ready to go and I can really get cracking with both freelancing and making items to sell. Time is at a premium at the moment and I only have two afternoons a week to work while Stanley is with his grandparents, so I'm hoping having my own office will at least save me a little precious time looking for items and tidying the dining table after I've finished!   
As for recent creations, I've been busy again recently, this time for Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine, using Sizzix Life Made Simple dies to create a set of modern birthday cards. These dies are actually intended for Project Life albums but I have shown how they can also be used on your card projects. I teamed them with lots of yummy ribbon, buttons and even a dash of Washi tape. As pleased as I was with the finished result, imagine my surprise when I received a copy of the magazine only to find one of my designs as the main cover card! It's the first time for this particular magazine and I was so proud. The issue is on sale now if you want to take a peek, and it comes with a free BoBunny Christmas stamp set and 6x6" paper stack. Bye for now :)

2 comments:

  1. i saw your projects in the mag and you have inspired me to go and hunt these dies down. Adore your cards but have to say, the first one is my fav. Lou x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...