Friday 29 August 2014

Wedding bells!

My sister-in-law (sort of) is at it again! She's had about five different hen nights and weddings to go to this year, so I've been asked to make some wedding cards for her. This is the second one I've made and uses a 5x5" heart stamp from the Papermania Vintage Notes collection. The heart was stamped onto watercolour card with clear ink and heat-embossed with a Cosmic Shimmer Arctic Pearl Lustre embossing powder to achieve the subtle finish. The colourful (and old) BasicGrey paper is from my stash and the 'Happily Ever After' rub-on is from an old BoBunny collection. Teamed with lace ribbon, a white paper flower and a pink heart cut using my new Silhouette Portrait, I wanted to keep it quite simple.
I was really happy with the design and was pushed for time with so many various other commissions, so when my mother-in-law asked if I could make a card for a wedding she was going to, I decided to do a smaller take on the original card. This one is 6x6" instead of the original A5 size and I stamped and embossed the heart image in the same way, adding the rub-on to the centre of the heart instead of the bottom. I had used the last of my lace ribbon, so some pink baker's twine made a pleasant alternative, and I decided to use a larger paper flower to add some extra interest to the heart. These are some of my favourite cards so far... I've never mentioned it on here before, as things are still in the planning stages, but I am in the process of setting up an Etsy shop to sell my cards and ribbon boxes. Wedding cards along this theme, perhaps using a stamped sentiment instead of a rub-on, are definitely going to be a feature in my shop! What do you think? I hope you like it! Have a great weekend :) 

2 comments:

  1. I think your card design is superb and whatever you choose, rub on or stamped sentiment, either will sell like "hot cakes". Have a great weekend, Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! I really liked these wedding cards. They are very creative and fabulous. Want to have best ones like these for my wedding too. That will take place at one of New York wedding venues. Thanks for sharing them here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...